2012-04-11

Home Network + New Home Made server rack!

Home Network + New Home Made server rack! Video Clips. Duration : 2.03 Mins.


This is my new and improved home rack. It's hand made from wood scraps and is quite strong. The first router on the top is used as a wireless access point into this network. The little HP procurve 408 is used as it is silent and has been bullet proof over the many years I have owned it. The 1u switch is a Allied-Telesyn AT-8350GB which has a fibe backbone link to my other large switch which is a HP procurve 4000m. The system on the right of the three is my virtualization server. I used to run Citrix Xenserver but have recently converted over to Proxmox VE. This environment is not as professional but offers far better performance and works better in my setup. This server has a Phenom 1055T overclocked to 3.1Ghz and 8Gb of 1333Mhz memory. It only has a 500Gb HDD as most of the virtual machines are store on the file server. The Del in the middle is my file server. It is running Freenas 8.0 and has two 640Gb HDD in raid 1. It also has an external 250Gb drive that is full of disk images for the Proxmox server. It only has 512Mb of memory but I have never seen if use more than a quarter of this! The Dell on the right is my gateway. It is running Untangle (what ever the most recent one is...) and is my firewall and router for this class A network. The IBM at the bottom is a bit ill at the moment ;) The HP Proliant DL580 is running ESXi 3.5 Update 5. Sadly this is the best hyperviser that it can run as it is only 32bit hardware... All network cables are Cat6e meaning that when I ...

Keywords: server, fans, new, hp, dell, dl580, procurve, 4000m, 408, proxmox, ve, virtulize, linux, windows, 2008, r2, network, computer, ubuntu, untangle, gateway, firewall, home, made, rack, wood, class, gigabit, fibre, freenas, 8.0, fileserver, virtualization, xenserver

No comments:

Post a Comment